I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I'm a huge fan of tea. My favorites are Chai and the Greys (Lady Grey, Earl Grey, Rose Grey). My absolute fav is mixing multiple teas together - White Chai + Maharaja or Roobios Chai is THE best blend.
Anyway, now that you know how much of a tea
fanatic freak obsessed I am... here is my favorite recipe for homemade Chai lattes - using a Keurig!
Chai Latte (No Foam; Homemade)
Keurig (coffee pot or tea kettle works too)
Travel mug with tight fitting lid OR Mug and tin foil
Black Chai (I'm in love with the Private Selection Black Chai at Kroger, plus it's only $2 for 16!)
1-3 Tbsp. Sugar (I prefer raw cane sugar or regular white sugar)
2-4 oz. Milk (I use 2% for the creamy taste)
1/2 tsp. Cake Spice or Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon
1. Brew a small cup of hot water (6 oz).
2. Add one bag of the Chai, add in desired amount of sugar (I add 1 Tbsp) and 1/2 tsp of spice.
3. Steep tea for 5 minutes in mug with lid on tight or tin foil over the cup to help keep extra hot.
4. While steeping tea, put 2-4 oz. of milk in a microwave safe cup.
5. With two minutes left in steep time - Microwave milk on medium heat until small bubbles form on top/around edges. I usually go 45 seconds for 4 oz. 30 seconds for 2 oz.
6. Once 5 minutes is passed, add hot milk to tea. Stir well!
7. Allow to cool slightly, top with whipped cream and cinnamon, then enjoy!
I've never liked foam on my latte, but if you do you can create foam on the stove by whipping the milk while it heats with a whisk. It won't quite be the same, but close! :)
Happy Chai Day!